1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Mowing Bid Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by growearth, Mar 3, 2011.

1. growearth

growearth LawnSite Member

Hello my KIND fellow Grass Wrestlers...

I have a quick question about what to charge to cut "SIX ACRES" Also included in the price will be Fertilizer applications.

Basically what should I bid/ acre. I am thinking quoting $525/ cut for six acres... Is that too much or too little?

Thank you in advance for looking

Manu

2. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

well the problem with the more acres you do is the less money you make per acre...for example you can cut four 1/2 acre yards and make $200....which equals 2 acres...if you go out and cut one 2 acre yard you are only gonna get about $125 if your lucky...if i was gonna cut 6 acres i would bid $400...but that's not counting fertilizer...maybe $500 would be about right....prices vary depending on where you live and what people are willing to pay

3. Painting Stripes 11

Painting Stripes 11 LawnSite Member

i agree with kilgoja i have a 2.5 to 3 acreage that i charge only 120 on acreages there easy just paint lines all day. Usually on acreages i go for 45 to 50 an acre that should be a good price. all u do is mow and go its not like u would be bagging

4. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

For me mowing would be around $300-450, depending on ease. Fertilizing would be around $550 per app., based on 6 apps.

5. Painting Stripes 11

Posted via Mobile Device

6. Painting Stripes 11

Realistically no one well I guess in nebraska would pay 300-450 for a 2 to 2.5 acreage every 2weeks just to mow it, that seems ridiculous.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. fireman9

fireman9 LawnSite Member

$1 per min or $60 per hour works for me. 2 acre yard is average for me with some light trimming around a house maybe a few small flower gardens and a tree or two only takes me about an hour.....$60 all day long, But I'm mowing with a 61" or 72" machine. For six acres in this neck of the woods $200 max at best not counting fertilizer applications.

Your prices have to be dictated by your area and your costs to operate. $500 plus may be right if your using a push mower, or your located in a wealthy area.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  8. RadiantLawnCare

RadiantLawnCare LawnSite Member

If it were me i would only charge $270 depending on the condition. i think you will scare the hell out of someone with a bid of $500. If it takes you no more then thirty minutes an acre than its worth it.

9. CLS LLC

CLS LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going to assume it's relatively open field.

That being said I think $220 or so is a fair price. I have one 3 acre open property with minimal trimming and it takes me about an hour and a half with a 61 inch stander.

If you can get $500+ more power to you. But in my market that would never stand since it would be over $150 per hour.

Now obviously if there is a significant amount of trimming this all changes.

10. torotorotoro

torotorotoro LawnSite Senior Member

$25 thats the going rate