lawn Mowing business Books and infomation sources

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by caleb_harlan, Jan 22, 2003.

1. caleb_harlan

caleb_harlan LawnSite Member

Does anybody have any suggestions on mowing business books? I have also noticed that some people sell manuals that teach you getting commercial accounts, writing contracts and etc.

Please post any books or Internet resources that you guys have used. I am currently a solo operator, finishing college, and looking to gain a few commercial accounts and a lot more residential accounts.

I have learned so much from this site and would like to find more information that is out there.

Thank you everyone.

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I would suggest just going to amazon.com and do a search. I have one I bought my first year called "Lawn Care & Gardening: A down-to-Earth to the Business". It's kind of generic, but will some basics. Another good book to have is "Guerilla Marketing".

MATT

3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I just received a catolog in the mail today. Its called American Nurseryman. They have any kind of book you may want or need, as well as software,cd's, and videos. They have plant database software, plant software/books, lanscaping,nursery management, greenhouse management,garden center retailing, education and reference, business management, pest management, etc. Everything. I dont know how I got the book, but I did. Check out their website, can probably get a catalog there, www.amerinursery.com .

4. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

lawn mowing business books huh, well thats a first.

5. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

"The E Myth Contractor", By Michael E Gerber, This opened up alot of voids that were in mey brain about this bussiness.;)

6. bluemoon

bluemoon LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

Try www.sleepingbearpress.com , go to turf link. They have several good books.
    2 I would suggest:
    ) Color Atlas of Turgrass Weeds
    ) Fundamentals of Turfgrass Management
    Worth the money.
    Bluemoon

7. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Phil Nilsson has books available as well:
    http://www.lawnservicing.com/nilsson/philsbooksale.htm
    His Time Labor Data Handbook has been very informative and useful to many here.

You could also try Roy Ruebenstahl:
    Great Outdoor Maintenance Company
    2445 Wolfpen Rd
    Sulphur, KY 40070-7663