Lawn Care Forum banner

Lawn mowing forum frozen too????

4K views 38 replies 22 participants last post by  John Gamba 
#1 ·
I guess it's sort of slow on the board, kind of hard to think about grass cutting, when a guy looks outside at the thermometer and it says -18 degrees????

I'm even in central MN, can't imagine what the guys farther north (UpNorth) are dealing with......

#3 ·
yea i dunno about you but im ready for some warmer weather to role around

#5 ·
I got up this morning about 7:30, and looked at the thermometer and I had -19 below. And when I went to let the dog out she did her job and wanted back in the warm garage! Her paws was hurting her as well as she was holding them up while she was waiting for me! And with the wind blowing like it is they said it was from -30 to -50 below windchill! Man that sucks , hopefully it will be back to norm come Wednesday!

#11 ·
Suppose to get down to a temp of -16 tonight with windchill values as low as -38. Brrrrr

#15 ·
The best man in my wedding, they've got a tub too.....

Says in this weather, you can watch the electric bill run up, just like the gas pump when it was $3.50 / gallon.
I just got out of the tub and was talking about this very topic. There(hot tubs) just like boats that are moored, they cost whether your in them or not and even cost more when you use them. Its worth it:)

#26 ·
It around 1 F here today, It's storming and lots of roads are closed. Good day to be on salary. I got my laptop and cell phone so I'm working..
wind chill is something like -16 F. The laneway is plugged and I ain't hurrying out to clean it. I have a tractor with cab, snowblower and 9' blade on the loader but I cleaned it twice yesterday and it's too dammmmmmmmmmmmmn cold. No new decent threads an too much work the wife wants me to do. Likely do some wiring in the basement ( beside the woodstove). Springer isn't even any good today. Judge Mathis is getting boring. Already watched Maury.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.