Lawn Mowing in Indonesia

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stuie, Aug 17, 2004.

1. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Lawn mowing in Indonesia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok i get a phone call today from a fellow who works with us sometimes and he runs a business in Indonesia.He wants me to help him set up a mowing gardening partnership over there.He says that with the increasing affluence of the people and the expat community these services are required.Id say the owners would supervise and the locals would do the work.
    So anybody got any input for this idea.Im VERY VERY skeptical but this is based on a 3 minute phonecall and i have no knowledge of indonesia and its ins and outs.
    Stuart

2. Ken Kesey

Ken Kesey LawnSite Member
    from Here

Oh yes!

What a fantastic idea.

I don't see any headaches coming from this one!

3. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm way outa my depth knowing if it will work or not, never been there, but from what happened over their and their problems, I personally wouldn't.

Might be a great thing, I dunno, I would personally whimp out :)

4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Just hire bobbygedd as your collection agency and all should be fine.

5. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

Hey Tony
    He is serious about this , but my initial thoughts are why the hell pay me $40++++ when the locals could do it for $1 per hour or so.:confused:
    Getting a headache thinking of buying all the equipment etc etc let alone the airfares and the hassle of dealing with the government payup.
    For what it would cost and the risk, i could have myself a shiny new toro and change left over.
    Stuart

6. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

For what it would cost and the risk, i could have myself a shiny new toro and change left over.

=====

Now ya talkin'!!

Glad to see you are seeing things my way....not sure that is good though LOL!

Sounds like risks and headaches, in the big picture if it worked out, how much better off would you be there and not here?

It isn't something I would go for....

Are you saying they will pay $40 an hour or $40K a year?

Neither price would even get me to move towns even to be honest. You can make this easily here, just this drought is shafting us, but over "there" you will have issues too.

Which ever you decide, good luck, as said before, take BobbyGedd with you for protection! :)

7. stuie

stuie LawnSite Member

I just threw the figure of $40 per hour in there as comparison to local wages.Would want a REALLY good wage plus a good share of company profits.Cant see it as getting rich quick thats for sure.
    If it worked out it would be fantastic but also have to look at the fact that i wouldnt particulary want to live there for any great length of time.
    Hopefully this rain will keep up for a few more days.Everything has gone green:alien: from its normal brown colour!
    Hope you are getting some up there.
    STUART

8. GeeVee

GeeVee LawnSite Senior Member

Do you speak Balinese?

9. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

The real question is - "do you surf?"

Let me know if you launch this thing & I'll go work it for ya ;-)