Lawn Mowing Shoes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mwalz, Aug 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Caddyshack Lawn Care

Caddyshack Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Man, am I glad you chimed in. I was starting to think I was the only one.

I do keep a spare of everything in the truck. Spare shoes, socks, shirt, etc.

2. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Why anyone would wear work boots while mowing is beyond me. You're not alone brother!

3. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Workboots lack the traction for offroad WB use, IME. If going with running shoes, I'd go with trailrunners since their beefier = giving better lateral support.

Meshed goretex midtop hikers (Vasque Breeze GTX 2.0) give me the support I trust and traction I NEED. Plus they breathe really well and cope with AM dew like a champ. The result? Pain-free feet in the evening AND the next morning. What is that worth? A LOT. I'd pay double what I'm already paying if that's what it took.

4. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I weep for your poor feets!

:laugh:

5. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

My feets are fine! I just like mowing in running shoes. I have a few pairs usually so there's always a dry one. I just burn through socks like nobody's business

6. Joel D

Joel D LawnSite Member

7. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

I've hear a lot of good things abut Columbia hiking shoes in general so i might buy a pair of those and try them out, until i get the money I'm going to use my old running shoes...thanks for the input guys

8. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

LOL I hope so. I wear running shoes too, but couldn't imagine finding a pair at Wmart that wouldn't end up killing my feet.

It's funny you mentioned socks because I just mentioned this to my wife yesterday. Amazingly, I've been wearing the same socks (about 10 pair) for the last 3-4 seasons.
    They are grass and dirt stained, but not worn thin. Pretty amazing.

9. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Missouri

New Balance trail running shoes.

I buy socks every two months, I'm a stickler for socks. Even if they aren't worn thin, I have to have new socks ever so often. They just feel so good.

10. Caddyshack Lawn Care

Caddyshack Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

The grass dries out and gets tangled up in socks and feels like needles. Washing them doesn't get it all out, so I just wear the same (cheap) socks for a while and then throw them out. You're right, a new pair always feels sooo good. But after wearing them the first day they look and feel just like a 2-week old pair.