1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Mowing Shoes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mwalz, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I have a pair of the OBOZ Sawtooth Mids...and yes, they do a great job of locking in my ankle. BUT, they are just too warm to work in, imho. Hot feet make me irritable...real fast.

These OBOZ do not utilize Goretex as their waterproofing system. Can't say for sure if this is THE reason, but I gots to have cool feet...and ventilated hikers w/ Goretex work best for me.
  2. clayslandscape

clayslandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I buy a pair of Keen Targhee each year. They last all year and are waterproof and heavy toe.
  3. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I've got to say even right out of the box these Vasque hikers have been the most comfortable pair footwear I've ever put on.
  4. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear a pair of asolo hiking boots, waterproof and all gore tex and I buy them from ems, so if I'm not happy with them 6 months later I can return them for store credit. they are around the 220 a pair range. not really thrilled about this, but I want a decent boot,to avoid future back problems.
  5. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

That's good to hear!