Lawn Nazi

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by venecular, Mar 18, 2004.

1. venecular

venecular LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

Have any of you guys every heard of the term "Lawn Nazi". Well if not, you have now. This person is actually a neighbor of mine. I have lived in my home about a year now and he has gone through at least 4 lawn companies. I just started my lawn business and thought I would give this person a try since he is my neighbor. Well, my mistake. After he explained to me what he wanted me to do (cleanup, cut, trim, edge), I did just this. The grass is Bermuda and it was really tall. I cut it 1/3 of the height and finished the job. He then tells me that he wants me to cut it shorter free of charge. To say the least, I refused. It just seems this person cannot be pleased. How do you guys deal with such a customer?

2. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

Tell him politiely no thanks next time he asks you to do something. For future reference never do work for people in your neighborhood. Bad mistake on your part.

3. venecular

from Atlanta

What are some situations that you went through and learned from in this business?

4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Best advice to heed.

5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I am the lawn nazi. NO CUT FOR YOU!

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have only worked twice in my neighborhood...one was really good, one was a PITA. I guess that it depends on the neighborhood whether you get some good ones or some bad ones.

There is a radio station up here that calls their LCO the lawn nazi or the snow plow nazi.

7. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd say he's more of a PITA

The Lawn Nazi is the county guy who runs around telling people to cut their lawn or over grown empty lots

8. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

I think picky people are not worth my time in this business. There are plenty of better customers out there waiting to pay me more money :p

9. venecular

from Atlanta

Yeah, its funny. When you are starting out, you just want the business. So it is a catch 22...

10. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

starting out is the worst! You are hungry for work to prove to people that you are good. Its hard to turn down work.