"Lawn Nazis"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pottstim, Jun 8, 2003.

1. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

A good friend of mine has been giving me some advice on what I need to do being as I'm starting out. He told me in a recent email, "TRY TO BE SELECTIVE AS TO WHO YOU TAKE ON AS A CUSTOMER. BEWARE OF LAWN NAZIS. LAWN NAZIS ARE FANATICS AND YOU CAN NEVER SATISFY THEM. " I got quite tickled when I heard that term "Lawn Nazi". Have any of you guys ever used that to classify one of your customers? What other adjectives do you use? :D

Tim

2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Cant say i have.

But the ones people tell me i cant satisfy are the ones that i will take on first. I love the challenge of making them satisfied and have turned around many people like that.

3. Dan1944

Dan1944 LawnSite Member

I have one that fit that term to a T, can never satisfy her no matter what you do. I recommended a friend of mine to paint her house inside and out last year. Toward the end of the job he asked me what did he ever do to me, too recommend him to her. She is a good customer pay wise and never questions any bill, but every time you show up it's always something !! If shes not home I jump for joy, do my thing and get outta there pronto. Her husband passed away prematurely and according to a neighbor of her's , drove him nuts.

4. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Lawn Nazis == dropped customer with me. Period. I like happy customers, and if there's nothing I can do to please them, they might as well go somewhere else.

5. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have a few lawn nazis also if they pay well and don't complain than it is alright and you can keep them and learn to deal but if they are picky and want all this extra stuff done but complain when the bill comes its time for them to go.

6. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Lawn Nazi's are some of the best paying customers in the world.

7. LLMSERVICE

LLMSERVICE LawnSite Member

If I can satisfy my toughest client, that means I'm doing a good job. There are all types of clients and there are all sorts of LCOs. I prefer to take on the most demanding as they keep my standards high.

8. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

It seems that the term is being used in reverse of true meaning. Didn't the "Soup Nazi" refuse to serve you if you didn't conform to his standards?

So a "Lawn Nazi" is some swelled head LCO who thinks everything he does is gold, and he can't learn anything about customer satisfaction. And reading posts on LS tells us there are a lot of these Lawn Nazis, LOL.

9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

the term "lawn nazi" is a new one to me.

to me it would seem to evoke a government thing, like maybe a codes enforcer perhaps checking on overgrown lots or something.

GEO

10. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

meddlesome customers ,not for me.
    i know what im doing ,they dont . nor do they have the knowledge to take a given situation and get the best results.
    [although many think, because they can read books etc ,they are experts.]
    if they are not pia ,i let them contribute their input . dont hurt to listen . then i do what needs to be done imo.sometimes they are even rite.
    heck sometimes im even rite.

:) :)