Lawn Painting in Colorado

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tracyalan, Aug 15, 2009.

1. tracyalan

tracyalan LawnSite Member

My name is Tracy, Along with my Wife (Lynn) we started Tracy & Lynn Lawn Painting Service. We started this in October of 2008 and have been growing a little every month. We have a starter web page. www.tlyardworks.com
    We use a eco-friendly dye to color lawns green and help people save money on their watering bill. This is great for the forclosures that are out there and with any home owner or business that wants a nice green looking lawn. We use a 20 gallon skid type sprayer for the larger jobs and a 4 gallon back pack sprayer for the smaller jobs. Glad to send out information or just answer any questions that you may have. We serve the whole greater Denver Metro area.
    Thank you and have a great day.
    Tracy

2. skennedy04

skennedy04 LawnSite Member

Do you have any pictures of your lawns ???

3. tracyalan

Here is a before and after of the last lawn I just did.
    Tracy

Before 1.jpg

Finished 2.jpg

4. turfmanagementspecialty

turfmanagementspecialty LawnSite Member

I am just curious. Would you want to mow it a little shorter before painting it? Where do you get your products for this? THanks

5. jbbarnett

jbbarnett LawnSite Member

Not to be critical, but is there any way to get a more uniform look across the lawn. It still looks splotchy to me. it seems the green and dead looking spots are both darker so there is still a difference all across the lawn. Just interested in the business and how it works.

6. tracyalan

Question # 1:
    Yes, it's best to mow before you spray.
    There are many brands out there & depending on where you live, what brand works best for you and the grass in your area.
    Question # 2:
    Yes, I have switched to a new lawn dye that has a more uniform look. The one I was using left parts darker and lighter. I have been using the new product when I spray doggiw spots and the color blends in perfectly and you can not tell where I sprayed or not.

7. tracyalan

If you would like to know of different brands and where to buy, just send me an email & I can tell you. If you would like more information on any of these I would be more than happy to tell you all about it.

8. turfmanagementspecialty

turfmanagementspecialty LawnSite Member

I would like to know more info regarding products, pricing and such PM me please

9. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 LawnSite Bronze Member

please pm me too... I think this is a great idea, but the only stuff i could find seemed expensive... Also, how much do you charge?

10. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW i have never heard of this. PM me please i have some questions.