Lawn pics from Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by evergreenedmond, Aug 31, 2006.

1. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Lawns look good! It's nice to see some green grass this time of the year. If it wasn't for the rain lately in my area, the grass would still be brown.

2. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

We finally got ahead of the average for August over here in the eastern part of the state. Now the brown is turning back to green again.

Those stripes on the bermuda are just about as good as it gets . How does the homeowner get the fescue to grow and not be choked out with bermuda ? Because fescue is a good grass to use under all those shade trees --bermuda does poorly there.

Nosmo

3. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

Burnt Orange makes me puke. hah It is the rivalry between OU (Red and White ) and OSU (Burnt Orange and White).

OU Oklahoma University -- OSU Oklahoma State University

4. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

nice pics, I have been to edmond-had a good time actually played golf there and ended up buying a lawnaire 28 from the superintendent..looks like a great place to live...look forward to beating you boys in the big twelve title game...if you make it

5. copeblk

copeblk LawnSite Member

looks better than some lawns in central ny. we have had a big problem with crabgrass this year. unless you got to it early it has taken over

6. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

That looks alot better then some of the lawns around here. It is raining right now tho :clapping: