Lawn pics with prices?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by turfcat75, Feb 28, 2001.

1. turfcat75

turfcat75 LawnSite Member

Please post some of your lawn pics with prices give us an idea of what we should charge,how much lawn does an acre look like post some pics please.

2. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Well an acre is an acre. One acre = 43,560 square feet. I try to get around $45-50 per acre. If you don't measure, you'll never really know. A picture won't tell you anything since an acre lot may be half consumed with house, drive and plantings. Even with those considerations a one acre lot would go for $50 since all the trimming and blowing will take the time. A wide open acre might go as low as $40...depending on my mood. ;)

3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Buy a measuring wheel and start walking the properties. Once you have some numbers for square footage then we could better assist you.

Yes an acre is 43,560m/sf but I round up to 44/m its easier for calculating.

Good Luck
    Kris

4. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

yes similar pricing here....

5. turfcat75

turfcat75 LawnSite Member

measuring wheel- get the cheaper one or the more expensive one,does it matter which one i get?

6. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

get one with a nice size diameter wheel...goes over undualtions and is more accurate...probably like $60 or so at Home Depot.

And of course you can always ask the potential account how large their lot is...some will know others will not and still others will try to B.S. you. Once you measure a few you'll get the eye if someone's B.S.ing.

[Edited by Scraper on 02-28-2001 at 04:03 PM]

7. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Banned

I think that's a great idea, but I don't have pics to show you. The guys are right that you should have an idea of the square footage.

8. inside-out

inside-out LawnSite Member

Do you guys charge the same for a commercial acre and a residential acre?

9. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

An acres an acre in my book. The only variable that changes is the Degree of Difficulty(D.O.D.), which determines the price. Is the turf area to be maintained flat out and wide open, or is it hilly with many obstacles to go around??

Hope this helps inside-out.
    Kris

10. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Here is a lawn I do, it also has small strips on the sides not shown, monthly charge is $135.00 for 12 months.

FRONT
    [​IMG]

BACK
    [​IMG]