lawn planted last nov. no fert. as of 5/19t

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ant, May 19, 2001.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

picked up 2 lawns that the backs were seeded in nov. 2000 and they had no feeding as of 5/19/2001 (fronts sodded). i plan on feeding them and 19 others monday . i plan on useind 33-3-10 25% scu on the 19 .
    my question is can i use that 33-3-10 on the 2 new ones?
    grass has a nice stand and w/ a sprinkler system
    ant n.j.

2. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

You can use any # combination you want. The real question is How much N do you want on the lawn? How much P and K. I would assume you want to throw at least a lb of N. Not knowing the type of turf it's hard to say what is correct.

Judging by your Jersey location I'll guess your dealing with cool season turf. I would be more incline to increase ny slow release. Spreading your fert at a 1lb N you will have 3/4lb all mineral for rapid growth. What has the weather been like in your area?

3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

last 10 days mid 70 no rain ,thry have a sprinkler system
    ant

4. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

Ant- you should be ok on the 33 at those temps w/ irrigation. I'm putting out 50% scu/poly 21-7-14 w/ 4% iron + minors on everything now as temps are in the 80s. I rarely get a burn using it. A soil test would be ideal, but that's a stop at the county ext. agent, so of course I'd charge for it. :p dave g