lawn prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bennett scape, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Bennett scape

Bennett scape LawnSite Member

yes i know i have discussed this before and have a good idea now hows 35 for a 1/4 and 75 for 1/2 and 150 for 1 acre sound better worse (note i will only have a price sheet for my reference and not show it to clients)

PS Thanks a lot for your help Tripp and the blades also thee other blades can not wait to see what they are like

2. metro1handyman

metro1handyman LawnSite Member

I would say that you cannot possibly have a standard charge per 1/4 acre or so many square feet without considering the amount of landscaping in the lawn that you must trim/mow around. A better way to think of it is have a base charge, for up to a certain amount. And then add extra to that for substantial landscaping, rough conditions, etc..

Here is an example - I do most of my work in the preservation field, so it may be different, but I charge a base of $35 for up to 15,000 sq ft. It then goes up in increments of 5,000 sq ft at a rate of $5. (so if you have a 21,000sq ft lawn you charge the 20,001-25,000 rate of $45- $35for first 15,000 and 10 for the next 10,000=$45)

That is just my .02 on the pricing subject. I feel that @ those rates if I have enough volume to stay busy 8-10hrs a day I will gross $40/hr, and I don't have to work my butt off to do it, just have to put in a decent days labor.

3. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I can't get those prices around here. I have a $30 minimum, and that's even too high most of the time. Somehow, though, there are a ton of legal lowballers around here that cut 1/2 acres for $28. It just blows my mind......