1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Pro or Groundskeeper Pro?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by racer56, Apr 6, 2007.

1. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

I've been looking around and think I have it down to the 2 of them. It's cold and wet here so today is the day to get one and be done with it. I'm running vista and both will work fine. We are a full service lawn co. and mowing is really just a small part of what we do. How easy is it to put some of our mowing on a 10 day route instead of every 7 days with either software? Some of them are every 2 weeks. Does Lawn pro track expenses in general or does it make you put that expense onto a job such as billing the totl gas bill for the truck to Mrs. Jones for her mowing? We are looking for an all in one deal to track customers, bill customers and rec. payment, schedule, and accounting.
    The price of Lawn Pro sure looks good and is hard to pass up but don't want to have 2 different programs if I don't have to. Just looking for something Vista ready and can do these functions. Thanks for all the help you guys can give...
  2. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

There's dozens of topics regarding this same subject. Perform a search and use the keyword LawnPro.

I threw LawnPro in the trash. Their customer support sucks big-time. You might want to read this thread:

Some people on this forum really like LawnPro. I've just had nothing good happen when dealing with LawnPro...and apparently there are others.

I would not trust my valuable customer information and financial records with a $50 shareware-like product like LawnPro. I use QuickBooks.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

3. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Both have demos, why dnt you just give each a try and see which you will like better. I think you will be happier with Groundskeeper Pro IMO..
  4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Go with a proven leader in business software Quickbooks Pro is the best most reliable software out there. If you want to know how your business is doing and get very detailed reports, estimates, graphs, and much more go with Quickbooks Pro you won't be sorry. The only thing it doesn't do is scheduling and that can be done several different way's.
  5. NELawnCare

Amen! Exactly and well put.
  6. BW Landscaping

BW Landscaping LawnSite Member

the only thing about quick books is that if you put in an invoice by mistake and want to delete it, you cant...im sure you can but i have no idea how to do it
  7. NELawnCare

Absolutely you can delete it. You can delete any invoice, estimate, charge, bill, etc. Just open the registery where the item is listed and select Edit -> Delete from the Main window menu. It's not intuitive, I had to use the Help to figure it out. But it does work.
  8. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I ordered Quickbooks Pro 2007, haven't gotten it yet, its in shipping.
    I was between that and Groundskeeper Pro. I use Excel for scheduling.
  9. NELawnCare

Just FYI, QB Pro 2007 is around $199, but Office Max had a special recently (it may still be going on) where you get a $50 instant rebate.
  10. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

I ended up getting Lawn Pro last night. I called twice with questions once before I purchased and once after. The owner picked up and answered my questions right away. The last time he was at a soccer game and still took the time to help me. That is the kind of guy I want to do business with. We used to have Quickbooks Pro but had to buy the software again when we went to Vista. The folks at Intuit (Quickbooks) took over an hour just to get us to the right person on the phone only to tell me I would have to buy a new program for each computer. Someone with alot of office time would like Quickbooks for all the reports but I just am too busy working to play with it too much.
    I did a trial run with 2 customers and had it up and running completely in 30 minutes or so after loading Lawn Pro. :cool2: