1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by daveyo, Jul 20, 2005.

1. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

I have a fescue lawn that I can pull each grass blade out like hair falling out. I checked for grubs and none, not even one. I checked for other insects and disease. There is three patches around the yard that this is happening to, any suggestions. The lawn gets watered about 1-1/2" weekly, maybe its old grub damage, I have this lawn looking excellent I want to keep it that way, any input appreciated.

O'Donnell landscaping
  2. kevinsky

kevinsky LawnSite Member
    from Nevada

I have had similar problems with no grubs found. If the grass is pulling out and you can peel the sod back, something is eating the roots. Is Sod Webworm a possibility? Maybe you should treat it with a broad spectrum insecticide and see if you get results.
  3. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

I don't have any moths flying around so i don't think its sod webworm, the grass is pulling out but the sod isn't rolling back. I guess I'll treat with broad spectrum, I wanted to stay away from that but oh well.

O'Donnell Landscaping