1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2menandamower, Aug 9, 2008.

1. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

Can Anyone tell me what is going on in this lawn. These pics are of the same yard that I have been taking care of for the last 3 years and now this. Last app was 15-3-7 fert only. I have not done any weed control apps due to the heat. Any help welcome.... The shrub is on the same corner as the area of the lawn that is giving me problems. I am thinking insect problem, Grubs, Or Fungus.??????

2. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

No Picture

3. 2menandamower

Here are the pics that I have.

101_0007.JPG

101_0003.JPG

101_0002.JPG

4. 2menandamower

Can Anyone help with this????

5. markahurley

markahurley LawnSite Senior Member

is it getting irrigation? drip-line?

6. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

The shrub might have something called scale. it is ether a bug problem or a fungus

7. NJT

NJT LawnSite Member

Was any snow piled there in the winter? With salt mixed in with it from the driveway or sidewalk?

8. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

The shrub looks like it has shear damage to me. As far as the lawn it looks normal to me this time of the year. Seeding time coming up shortly so it'll straighten out after you overseed it.

9. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that a Korean boxwood or Japanese Holly? Slit one of the leaves open and see if it has leaf miners in it.

10. Genlandscape

Genlandscape LawnSite Member

Shrub looks like Jap. Pittosporium or Burford Holly, check for scale. Lawn looks like disease activity, or poss. grubs. I don't think (from photos) that these two problems are related.