Lawn problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CLC, Jul 4, 2001.

1. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

Ok this year my lawn looks better then ever but I got 3 problems,
    1st. I have a patch where gas spilt and it killed the grass so I dug the soil out and put new in and seeded it but NOTHING came up what should I do?

2nd. I have 3 patches of burnt grass only like 10"x10" I dont know what is causing it
    and

3rd. I have like 3 leaf clovers but they are weird typ like a harder leaf and more of a lighter green how do I get rid of them I put SCOTTS PLUS TWO with weed killer alredy in it and they still came up
    THANKS SO MUCH

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Problem one. How far did you dig down? Atleast 2 inches? If so, try again, and keep it watered!
    Prob 2. Are you sure this grass is "burnt"? You better check for grubs by the sounds of it. Don't bother looking in the center area, you need to check around the outsides where they will be fedding on the roots. If you can just pull the dead grass back kind of like carpet, thaey are probably your culprit. Also, it's possible it may be some sort of fungus. Is there any weird discoloration near the edges? It's possible to be Fursarium Blight or something.
    Prob 3. Probably not much you can do until the fall, then hit it again in the spring. If you are using a granular, conditions have to be OPTIMUM. Hope this helps!

3. CLC

CLC LawnSite Member

Thanks Again Runner Ill take a look and let you know what i find out
    Thanks