Lawn Refuse

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by inline lawn care, Aug 30, 2007.

1. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Very rarely do we bag. Although the past two weeks we had to cause the freakin weather has been nuts. Anyhow, for those that "have to bag"...

We had a customer that used to demand that we bagged the lawn. I keep informing that that it was healthier to mulch/discharge. Whatever, I guess they were old school. We took our mulching deck and mounted a side bag to it. The whole time we were mulching the homeowner thought we were bagging. They never complained again and we didn't bag again.

You can argue about the ethics of it but we weren't charging extra to bag so I was okay with it.
  2. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds like a great plan, and welcome to LawnSite, RexMan!
    I honestly believe that once the technology is tweaked and fine tuned in the processing of various crops for ethanol, that the farmers won't be able to keep up and there will be growing demand for biosolids like clippings and leaves to process into ethanol. The way technology in the field is headed, and the way world markets in energy are headed, I can envision a landscaper in a just a couple years ACTUALLY GETTING PAID to dump their clean load of biosolids at designated sites. But this could be it's own thread....:walking:
  3. Daddy Joes Lawn Service

Daddy Joes Lawn Service LawnSite Member

WE bag every customer and burn it on our burn pile!
  4. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

It sure would be nice to get paid for it rather than paying to dump it.
  5. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

FYI-I started a new thread in this forum under the name 'Get paid to dump Grass / Leaves in Future'? to get better attraction to the direction of the conversation and to maybe attract different people's input.