Lawn removal and install question (pics)

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by pj550v12, Mar 13, 2008.

1. pj550v12

pj550v12 LawnSite Senior Member

I plan on renting a sod cutter to come in and take away the existing grass, then prep the area for new sod and lay it down. My question is, along the driveway, not the one the truck is in, there are quite a few roots from maples along the road, am I going to run into problems with the sod cutter in those areas? I know it might be a pain, but I'm talking about any huge problems that will prevent me from getting the job done. Its my neighbors lawn so the option of using any different machinery such as a skid with a cultivator or something similar is out of the option to try and save money. I guess I'm just looking for your ideas. And in case anyone is wondering the lawn isn't really dying badly, there is one spot that died because of grubs, and then he noticed the lawn was a little this so he asked if I could just come in and rip it out and install new sod.
    [​IMG]

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

dont forget to add that the neighbors plow guy ripped up the side of the yard.. :rolleyes: - bumpin it to the top.

3. pj550v12

Bump, anyone??

4. Raven386

from CT

I will give you my answer at Brueggers tomorrow if you want....

5. pj550v12

mmmm breugers . . .

6. Raven386

from CT

I bought a hitchcock rocking chair and 2 stools... and I dont know why... so yea, wanna get breugers tomorrow?

7. Raven386

from CT

yea bump to the top anybody... I need to know if its going to be difficult so I can judge if i would like to help our not :laugh:

8. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Not sure what the question is.

9. Lawncop26

Lawncop26 LawnSite Member

Do you really need to remove the entire lawn, why not just topdress and seed this spring, skip the pre-m, thicken the lawn and treat for any weeds that come up ? Toss in an aerate and a grub treatment as well. With those roots, you'll most likely damage the blade to the sod cutter.

10. pj550v12

Good suggestion, thats the kind of input I was looking for