1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Renovation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SIG, Oct 8, 2002.

1. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

Hey Guys/ Gals,
    I don't usually ask this kind of question, but I am curious as to your answers. I have a lawn approx. 6000 sq ft to rehab. I am going to double aerate, slice seed, and fertilize. Wondering what you would charge. Flat rate. I will need to rent Aerator and Slicer.
    Thanks Sig
    P.S. I will tell you what I quoted them after I get some respones, don't want to sway you one way or the other.
  2. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

I would usually charge $45/1000 sq. ft. using equipment I already own, therefore $270. But if I was having to rent the equipment, and only doing one yard, I would charge the cost of rental, plus the cost of seed and fertilizer, plus $60/hr. labor......, probably more like $350. That's assuming you could get 1/2 day rentals on the equipment.

What would that come to in your case?.....it may make it too high to be competitive, but any less would make it a loosing situation for you.
  3. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

No amount of rehab to this lawn will work until the lawn admits that it has a problem. :D (Sorry...couldn't resist)
  4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Getting a little late in the season for that don't you think? Frost isn't too far away. Got into low 40s here last night. I know I won't be doing any more seeding this season around here. Of course the "big guys" will do it til Thanksgiving.

To answer your question...I'd charge $55/k + sales tax. I'd also slice seed as well as broadcast seed.
  5. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

You got me! BTW, Rehab is for quitter's