Lawn renovation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Aug 17, 2003.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

Well i did my first lawn renovation today. Lets see what you guys think of my price. And let me HAVE it if i am off or on. thanx.

rent of dethatcher. $35
    moss killer $10
    seed $20
    starter fert $22
    My labor(solo) $200

$287.00
    How does 300 bucks sound? It was a lawn about 3000s/f . well let me know

2. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you mad emoney -- I price considerably higher than that -- but a lot more is included.

You materials prices seemd ok -- $22 for fertilizers relly high -- I suppose that was the price for a whole bag? YOu would have had a lot left over though for just a 3m lawn.

When you say renovation -- was it bare ground or just overseeding? What kind of grass?

3. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

Why didn't you apply limestone???

4. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

for overseading that sounds about right. i charge $100 per 1000 sq. ft. as long as it's just overseeding and i don't have to big in topsoil or redo the yard. if i have to rototil the year and mix in compost or top soil then i charge $400 per 1000 sq. ft.

5. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Price is idemnic to several considerations, one being your market, second, the eceonomy and third, your expertise.
    As long as you and the customer are satisfied, then you did well.

6. Westbrooklawn

Westbrooklawn LawnSite Senior Member

$100/ thousand sq feet seems WAY high to me for just overseeding. I know it differs from location to location, and anything under 5k ft. would have some "minimum" charges to apply, but I am only charging $45/1000 which includes short mow, aerate, overseed, and starter fert.

AM I TOO LOW?...Maybe I've become out of touch with the going rate.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know how $45 per M would even hardly cover expenses. We are at around $70 per M around here.