1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn repair Question

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by FineScapes, Apr 11, 2004.

1. FineScapes

FineScapes LawnSite Member

Hello I mostly mow grass and do little landscaping but this year got a new account that is a cash cow. So I'll be asking yall afew questions PLEASE RESPOND. I need to smooth out an area and seed and hay (they dont like sod)where dogs have dug many holes going after moles, should I put grub worm killer down isn't that why moles are in the yard? The space is 20*20. Also need to aerate and seed the entire yard should i wait for a day (after putting grub worm killer down) to do the aerating and seed. Going to rent a tiller and also what fertilizer and seed can i get at home depot for the yard. I assume a starter but not skilled on what works best for an existing yard mostly sun with weeds etc. When is it better to fertilize before overseeding or after??

Thank you