1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Roller

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Royallawncare, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Royallawncare

Royallawncare LawnSite Member

Does anyone know where i can obtain a lawn roller to flatten a few rough spots in one of my lawns?
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I have seen them at Home Depot for around 100 bucks.
  3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I think you might be able to rent one somewhere if you only need it for one lawn.
  4. twindiddy

twindiddy LawnSite Member

those rollers at home depot will not do the job. been there, done that. i would suggest you rent a 2 ton roller.
  5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

yep. 2 tons in a 4' wide roller. That will work. But then you would have to aerate it.
  6. rough cut

rough cut LawnSite Member

I need some help too. I've got alot of bumps and small mounds. Why aerate? Ive got ALOT of sand with Bahia. Once I roll it flat the sand still wouldn't be compacted enough to stop grass from growing. I've seen Bahia grow out of compressed/compacted crushed lime base before new asphalt roads are installed. If I roll with a 2 ton roller how much will this take out? I've got places where gopher turtles have piled mounds 2' tall. Could these be flattened? Don't tell me to smooth the mounds with a shovel or box blade. To many to do and they would re-appear the next day. If I roll over the mounds it might "encourage" the turtles to leave! I've got 10 acres needing to be "flattened". What would it cost to sub it out?