1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lawn rolling profitable?..also frazer tiller use..

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowisme, May 30, 2008.

1. mowisme

mowisme LawnSite Senior Member

Ok this is a 2-part question. First- I aquired a power roller that you drive- thinking on incorporating with mowing..is rolling worth the hassle of storing? I know some say do/don't..but wondering if it is a money maker or just yard ornament. Also..Has any of you 'elders' used a 'Frazer' rototiller to do tilling in spring for few extra $? Frazer is old..but a worker. This will be for home use..but might advertise too. Geno
  2. wheels910

wheels910 LawnSite Member

i think you're missing the point on the lawn rolling. don't just focus on the money.

Do you ever get any sod jobs. You'll need the roller. If you're looking for extra money, an aerator would be more marketable to your existing customers.
  3. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I haven't made a lot of money rolling lawns, but I usually just do the infields of baseball fields.
  4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I have a jabcosen triplex greens mower with the roller kit on it. Used it one time to do a sod job. Never had anyone every call for it. Anybody want one? $500 and it has a brand new motor.
  5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We roll some lawns in the spring to try to repair frost damage. Lots of guys around here do alot and make some pretty good money doing it. However most are part time and I don't think any taxes are paid. We also do tilling but have a Ford 1520 tractor and 5' kubota tiller. It's used more for lawn installs than gardens. Better money.