1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lawn rolling

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by metro exteriors, Mar 7, 2006.

1. metro exteriors

metro exteriors LawnSite Member

march is finally here!! We are slowly approaching lawn rolling season. Generally rolling is a good months worth of work before cutting. Not alot of people roll, and it's very hard to predict what areas to target for more business. Any others roll in the spring? How popular is it in other areas?
  2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Lawn rolling as in...? Sodding, Aerating?
  3. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Try the search feature. This was brought up a month or so ago. Lawn rolling is not a recommended practice anymore.
  4. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I get a few calls now and then. I'll be digging mine out in a couple of weeks.
  5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

and damage the lawn...

reason to roll a lawn..... damage form tires, moles, construction... thats it..

especially if the soil is clay like your, and drought stricken, like yours ..... if you do it, then you have to aeriate...

we explain to customers why its bad for the lawn, old thinking, and no one does it that way any more......