1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Rolling

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Little Guy, Mar 24, 2002.

1. Little Guy

Little Guy LawnSite Member

I Know I am opening up myself for alot of controversy here!

I have a great Lawn Rolling business to open my regular Maint/Construction season. Some people, I am aware talk about soil compaction and such. I roll for more old timers than anyone else. And guess what? Their lawns are beautiful. For us in New England it rids us of Frost Heaves created during the winter months. I know personally I can cut a rolled lawn in 1/3 the time of an unrolled lawn.

I use an old (ashalt) roller, 1800lbs or so cleaned it up very very well and I won't drop my gate for less than $40.00.

Wondering if anyone else offers this service in addition to the usual aeration, dethatching and what have you?

I know that it is probably depending on the Zone you live in.

Little Guy :blob2:
  2. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

we dont, but if it works for you, more power to you. :)
  3. marc

marc LawnSite Member

I have a large client list that I roll every year also. It is unbelievable how many people pay to have this done. It is evident that not all areas in the states offer this service. I suppose that warmer climates like Florida do not have a demand for this service because it does not freeze there. I did not even offer it because I know what compaction does but when I had so many people requesting it, I had a custom made tow behind roller made. It cost me three hundred dollars and is 1400# full of water. I pull it with a jd 345. Your price is comparable to me in Northern Illinois.
  4. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

I have always wanted to do this here. The earthworms and winters make for some bumpy lawns. Wouldn't 1800lbs bust sprinkler pipes though???
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Good for you...sho me the money!