lawn scheduling

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by shelbymustang616, Feb 15, 2012.

1. shelbymustang616

shelbymustang616 LawnSite Member

Ok prob a dumb question but i will ask... i currently own a landscape company. mostly landscape design installs, mulching, removal etc. We are now doing lawn maintenance and are picking up lawn mowing clients. How do you keep track of all your customers that need mowing? Do you take request for thursday friday mowings for parties on the weekends. I feel like this was a good move business wise but is going to be a headache as well:) give me feedback.

2. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

There are programs that you can get and enter your clients in. You can also schedule, invoice, track estimates and payments and so on....

here are a couple, others will most likely add other programs you could look at.

Lawnpro
    lawnaid
    gopher
    groundskeeper

3. shelbymustang616

i currently have quickbooks

4. CS-LAWNSERVICE

CS-LAWNSERVICE LawnSite Member

i like gopher software it does most every thing i need

5. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I don't mow, but I would surely charge extra for out-of-sequence mowings Thurs or Fri. Say a dollar a minute for the extra driving time and gas. You are pulling a big trailer, right? Of course, if they are good customers and you feel its worth it, waive the extra fee.

Above ideas for software are good. Computers are cheap compared to lawn mowers and labor. Take full-advantage of any time they can save you.

6. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

How does quickbooks help to schedule I am looking to learn?

7. plc87

plc87 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

My quickbooks doesnt do anything with scheduling but I have the lower end quickbooks. As far as mowing goes I mow aboutt 40 accounts a week and just keep them on a weekly journal. This wouldnt work with hundreds of accounts but I haven't forgot about one yet in two years. If you have them scheduled in tight routes it makes it WAY easier. If you dont, then get on it! I dont let customers say when they want their yards done, I tell them I'll do it when it needs it and if you need me to come back I will even if it's two days later. Not to throw my schedule off I will come back and mow it when I mow all the other neighbors, pretending I never did it the "extra day". Most understand my time is very valuable, but be nice about it.

8. shelbymustang616

I will probably due that for time being. Just right it in my calendar for each week until things get more complicated.

9. Spiffy2

Spiffy2 LawnSite Member

Right now we are using Google calendar. Works great and ties into my phone as well.

10. shelbymustang616

never heard of it have to check it out:cool2: