Lawn service contract vs agreement

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Victo, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Victo

Victo LawnSite Member

I am just wondering if anyone using a service contract for your service. Currently I ask my customer to sign a service agreement which can be cancel at anytime with 15 days written notice. Only for one customer I ask them to sign contract for a year because this customer will call me only when the grass is tall. So, I decided to use contract for this type customers and just the service agreement for the rest. What you guys think? Any opinion? Thanks.

2. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

you should post this in the Elements of Business Forum. dont worry, Jodi will move it. :)

you should not have two for two similar things. i mean, nothing bad, just more work for you. Also, i can tell you are new cause you said, "because this customer will call me only when the grass is tall" NEVER, EVER let this happen. This customer is a pain in the ass. (PITA). and a cheap PITA too. let him/her go. get someone else. you are killing your equipment with the tall grass.

stay on LS, you will learn a LOT...... welcome.

p.s. in the other forum, you will find copies of contracts (agreements), including mine.

3. Victo

Victo LawnSite Member

You are very kind and thank you for the wonderfull advice.

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

When I first started out I started with just an agreement with like what you have 15 days notice. But then I moved to a contract, where if the customer gets out of the contract, whether it be 1, 2, or 3 years they have to either pay a $50 or $100 cancelation fee based on the packages and billing (per service or flat month). I have only lost ever one customer because he didn't want to sign a contract.

5. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

i hope you are not being sarcastic. hehe... :)

if you are being honest, i appreciate the "thank you". i try to be. let me know if you need any help. you can PM me any time. my wrist hurst from typing, so i might take awhile to respond (a day or so), but i will respond.