Lawn Service For Sale in Maryland

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by howardsells2000, Feb 28, 2008.

1. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm really just testing the waters. I really don't know if I want to sell or not. I have been thinking about it lately so I thought I would see if anyone is interested and what they think about my asking price. I don't want to go into too many details but heres the story.

I have about 100 customers, about 60 of them are in Dundalk, 30 are in White Marsh and the rest are in Middle River and Essex. I usually spend 3 days in Dundalk and 1 day in White Marsh and 1 Day doing the rest. I have mostly residentials, I also have a few gas stations and 7-11's. I don't have any contracts. I have been doing business with most of these for two years now. I think most of them will stay with me.

I have a 52" Ferris Dual Hydro with a Velke, 36" Ferris Belt drive, 32" Exmark Dual Hydro with a velke and a Commercial Snapper 21" self propelled mower. The 52" is about 4 years old, 36" two years old, I have no idea how old the 32" is but I put a brand new engine on it last year and the Snapper is 2 years old. They all work and run as they should. None of them have hour meters. I also have 2 Echo PB 260 weed whackers that are set up to interchange with pruning saw, edger and hedge trimmer. I have all of the attachments. I have Echo PB 651 back pack blower and a smaller Echo back pack blower I'm not sure of the model. I have a Echo gas hand held hedge trimmer. Everything is commercial grade. I also have shovels, rakes and all the other things that you may need. It all rides in a Holmes 5' X 12' open trailer with a big tool box on the front and a basket on top to carry the wheel barrel, gas cans and grass catcher. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but you get the idea. It is a completes set up that works very well for me.

I grossed about $50,000.00 in 7 and a half months last year. If it had not been for the drought last year I probably would have made $60,000.00 or more. I work alone so this route is managable for one person. It would sure be easier with a helper but I tried that and didn't have good luck. So I just did it myself. I also did very little leaf clean ups. I don't like leaves but I'm sure you could add that and make even more. I think I might be crazy but I'm thinking I would like to do something else this year.

I also may consider selling my truck. It is a 2004 F 150 2wd that is all loaded up with company name and graffics. The truck runs great and I get a lot of work just from the truck itself. It runs great and has no known problems.

Anyway I was going to keep this short but I guess I got carried away. I'm thinking $20.000.00 for the equipment, trailer and accounts. If you want my truck $28,000.00.

Like I said earlier, I'm not sure about this but I'm thinking about it.

Thanks
    Howard

2. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck Howard seems as though your price is at a very good starting point.

3. howardsells2000

Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. zohhhsix

zohhhsix LawnSite Member

Do you have any accounts in Fulton MD?

5. Marek

I have alot in Fulton, why?

6. zohhhsix

zohhhsix LawnSite Member

I was asking they guy selling his business? Are you also selling your accounts?

7. Marek

Nope just adding to them everyday ! Wasnt sure who the question was directed at.

8. howardsells2000

Nothing in Fulton.

9. howardsells2000

I thought there would be more interest. Bump, Bump .

10. Marek

Its been a bad winter with no snow and not a lot of extra work going on so no alot of guys have any money right now.But if they were smart they would try to come up with it.Buying someone out gives you intsant income to start putting the money back in your pocket. I have bought 2 customer lists this winter and will easily add 150k to our gross this year. As I said in another post someone should buy your stuff and Oakleys . They are close to each other and would give someone over 100k in new sales.