1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn service invoice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J. Davis, Mar 11, 2001.

1. J. Davis

J. Davis LawnSite Member

Bought a invoice at a local supply store and was very unhappy with the design of the item. Looking for an invoice that fits the job of landscaping/lawn service. Any help on this topic...Thanks
  2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

You might want to check out http://www.nebs.com
    I know they have a lot of stuff related to the industry.
    Not sure how they compare on cost though to local establishments.
  3. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Make your own. It's much cheaper and you can get EXACTLY what you want customized for your company. You can go to http://search.officeupdate.microsoft.com/TemplateGallery/ct104.asp to get ideas. If you're looking for an accounting/billing program that will let you use plain paper for your invoices and statements try http://www.medlin.com I've been using their accounts receivable program since I got my first computer years ago. I've tried them all (clip, lawn monkey, quickbooks pro) and none of them are as easy to use or as customizable as the Medlin program. I've saved the best part for last, it's shareware so you can try it for free to see if you like it and if you do it's only $38 to register it. You'll love it.
  4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

For computer invoicing use your own design. If you need a handwritten one to keep in the truck for those cash sales pick up a book of Tops #4133 only place I can find them is at Suburban Stationers (Formerly total office products).
  5. LScom Addict

LScom Addict LawnSite Member

I asked a neighbor of a customer what their invoice looked like. I changed it to meet my needs and had them copied onto 2 part carbonless from a local typesetter. It has worked well for me. And I can customize them according to season if necessary.
  6. Wayne Offiler

Wayne Offiler LawnSite Member

What works great for me is an outside billing/accounts receivable service. I use "Grass" system from Obex Data Services. My time is too valuable to me to be tied to a PC, or do it manually. Inexpensive, too. Their phone # is 800 464 6239. You may have seen their ads in the green industry mags.
  7. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

If you use a program like Quick Books you can use the pre designed ones or customize them its really easy.
  8. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

NEBS are the only way to go for invoices they are the best....
  9. dp

dp LawnSite Member
    from Napa CA

Thanks to threads like this one, we have received several orders in the last few weeks who mentioned reading about us on this web site!
  10. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Wayne, your really having good luck with the "grass" system? I had them send me information wich included some of there sample bills and record keeping the do for you. It all looks so appealing.... I hate doing billing!!!