Lawn service questions

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by vcoop70, Jan 24, 2013.

1. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Gross $60,000

80 hr per week x 30 weeks = 2,400

$60,000 / 2,400 hrs = $25 hr gross.

No wonder you can not afford help.

2. djlunchbox

djlunchbox LawnSite Member

ditto. You need to know your exact cost to do business in order to even start to figure out how to price work to make money. it took us a few years of collecting data to even get a ballpark on a budget. Running a business 100% legal is much much different than how most of us start out.

3. vcoop70

vcoop70 LawnSite Member

Thank you everyone! When I say I made 50k that means net profit not gross profit. But yes I have been thinking I am kind of making a mistake to not have some room for new good customers who wouldn't cheap out on me. I guess I just needed some encouragement from some other people. Another question I have is about lawnmowing and cleanup. I hate mowing somebodys yard quick and leaving leaves and sticks laying around. How do others decide how to price this? It can vary from week to week. A big part of being successful in this current market is giving people a good bang for their buck. I find myself taking 5 or 10 minutes at every lawn doing a little extra cleanup while my help does the easy stuff. Makes my customers happy, but makes my week harder. I am a detail freak, hence the 80 lawns. :hammerhead: