Lawn Shark Mowing-week by week question

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnSharkMowing, May 9, 2007.

1. LawnSharkMowing

LawnSharkMowing LawnSite Member

Hey guys Im only 2 months into the lawn business but already have 5 accounts. All of my accounts are on a monthly basis with no written contract. However, I have one customer that only wants to pay by the week. This week he said that his grass does not need cutting but he might need me next week. Now I know im new and I shouldnt turn down anyone because I need the $$ but is this something alot of guys deal with. Its so much easier to do it monthly, so should I tell him he needs to pay monthly or should I let him go or just deal with it cause money is money?

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Let him go for now. You are right money is money. When you get bigger and you start missing money because he is not there when you are, give him the option, hide a check or go monthly. If he wont budge drop him for your convenience. You cannot tailor your schedule to fit your customers, don't let them dictate how you run YOUR business.:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

ericg likes this.
  3. LawnSharkMowing

LawnSharkMowing LawnSite Member

yeah ur right i think i'll just deal with him for now! Thanks for the advice

4. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

Tell him you make a living off of your work. If you don't drive your truck 5 days in a month, you still have to pay for those 5 days.

In other words, you mow it on a schedule or not at all.

That is, of course, unless you just want to be a yard boy.