Lawn Signs?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by grassmonkey0311, Feb 4, 2014.

1. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

I'm thinking of getting a bunch of lawn signs and sticking them all over the place on main roads. Has anyone tried this and did it produce any results? I'm not too sure if I can justify the price.

2. Middle Tennessee Lawn

Middle Tennessee Lawn LawnSite Member

Lawn signs cost 1.50 each by the hundred look on ebay 100 2 sided 12x18 149.00
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

They are worth it. From what I've heard each sign will get you an average of 2-8 calls. I ordered 50 last week and am just waiting for the snow to melt.

4. grassmonkey0311

from MD/NC

You guys keep getting hit with snow! I'm down here in Bowie, it keeps raining.

I think I'm gonna go for it. Its only like $200 total.

5. grassmonkey0311

from MD/NC

Just got them. signsonthecheap.com and ordered the 18x24 double sided. With design, shipping, and stakes it was $250. Hopefully they will get some calls!

6. prezek

prezek LawnSite Member

Vecchio-What areas of Harford do you cover?

7. green_thumb

green_thumb LawnSite Member

Yard signs are great. The only problem with putting them at major intersections though, is that normally DOT don't like it and they take them down after a few weeks. At least around here they do. I usually sacrifice a few signs a year and chalk it up as a loss if they get taken down. The exposure is more important to me than losing a few yard signs.
    I always leave them at jobs also. As soon I get on site, a sign goes up by the road. After a week or so I'll come back and check on the work and grab the sign. I have a bunch of lawns on busy roads that I leave a sign at the beginning of the season for a few weeks. Then alternate properties throughout the season.
    Normally I have a dozen signs out at one time from April to November.. 24/7 exposure.
    I can't tell you how many calls I get from them but every now and again someone says "I saw you sign at such and such's house, can you come look at my yada yada...."
    Plus, whatever you spend on the signs is an advertising expense for the business.

8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Thats what I did. But no stakes. Went to home depot and got wood stakes they don't bend over.

Check your regs in bowie. In my area we can only put them out on the weekend
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. prezek

prezek LawnSite Member

They get taken down very quick around here. State workers, county workers and community groups...

10. grassmonkey0311

from MD/NC

The Bowie laws are crazy. There are rules for everything. I don't live in an HOA, but the town laws are just as bad!!!!

I plan to put the signs up all over, and rotate them before the town can take them down. I'm going in with the intention of losing some by the town.

I've stuck with door hangers, craigslist, and adwords....so I'm excited to see how they do.