1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

lawn signs

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by trying 2b organic, Nov 9, 2003.

1. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

Hi guys i used to work for a "traditional" lawn care company and we had custom signs that i know we got for less then the local sign companies want to charge me. ( I need signs for my organic fert apps not trad warning signs)

The signs we used were sticks of platic to which we attached cardboard signs. yes the rain did them in but peeps dont leave them in the lawn for long anyway. the little sign will be free advertising and let people know i was there. How much do you pay for custom lawn signs and where can i get some. Im in canada but am fine with ordering from the states if its still cheaper then the sign stores.

What kind of signs do you use, how much do u pay, where do u get them?
  2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Ditto Ric, and they are actually on sale now. Great service and excellent quality
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Blackburn, we are told, is a great company to work with.
    Here is another co. that does this alot. They are the providers for TG/CL and Lesco. www.rndsigns.com .
  5. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

A quick note to say ty lawnsite and ty post people, got my signs today from blackburn and my cost is 10 cents per instead of the one dollar per the guys who use the local sign store pay. great free advertising at a low price per application. and thats a custom sign with my logo and phone number not a standard warning sign which is cheaper.
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi trying 2b organic,

If you have a camera, can you take a pic of them and post it?

KINGDOME LawnSite Member
    from ARIZONA

for signs for all states go to
    www.gemplers.com they have about everything you want
  8. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Blackburn Flag
  9. LizardLawnCare

LizardLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Try a company by the name of RealGreen Systems. They have software and do custom signs. They even have 8 1/2 X 11 plastic coated signs. I think they are out of Detroit. http://www.realgreen.com/
  10. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, those signs are sweet. Color two sided the size of a sheet of computer paper...cant get much better.

On the topic of realgreen, check out the 1800lawncare number.