1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Solution's 2011 Riding Turf Aerifier

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Michael J. Donovan, Jun 24, 2010.

1. superintendent

superintendent LawnSite Senior Member

Like to know if anyone has bought this machine lately. Still trying to make my mind up soon.
  2. dalemiles

dalemiles LawnSite Member

Michael, Are you guys working on a 36" riding aerator for 2012 or later? I have tons of residential properties with 36"-40" gates and would love to have one of these machines.
  3. Jnuh

Jnuh LawnSite Member

One of my uppers has purchased two of these things. We'll be receiving ours in the next month or so. I'll update then.
  4. centraltxturf

centraltxturf LawnSite Member

how does this machine compare to the Z-plug?
  5. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

We have both. The guys were doing maintenance on both today and decided to race them. The z plug is almost twice as fast. We have the snow blade and do walks with it in the winter too. The lawn solutions is much more nimble and holds hills better. Each have their place and we will keep buying more of each.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Exmark says 7.5 mph. You sayin' 15 mph?
  7. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

There is no way that the z-spray does twice what a ls does. I have a z plugger and swinging the front around on a small lawn is like swinging a battleship. We were on a 10k lawn a competitor pulled up on a ls similar size lawn and he was done I. Half the time
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

Our LS was running low rpms and had the control linkages in the slowest settings. We changed both those so now the z plug isn't double any longer but it's noticeably faster. Our exmark from the factory was slower than our z plug too. The exmark / ls out maneuvers the z plug and is ideal for smaller lawns, usually for us the cutoff is 15k. The z plug has 20% more width, faster top speed, and is far less manuverable so usually it is assigned to larger lawns. I took the z plug out a couple weeks ago and did a 4 acre home lawn in a bit over 2 hours. I left the lawn solutions on the trailer for that job as I know there is no way the LS could do that.
  9. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

I have one of the 1st generation z pluggers (3 wheel) and a 1st generation LS. The z plugger stays in the storage building. It only plugs well on soft lawns, and less plugs per square foot.
  10. anartistouch

anartistouch LawnSite Member

I am in Maryland, any idea where I can purchase a lawn solutions aerator. Need a walk behind, heard they were great and very easy to use