Lawn Solutions Aerator at GIE show - it's even better now!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by HISnHERS, Oct 29, 2009.

1. HISnHERS

HISnHERS LawnSite Member

Since it tis' the season I just wanted to share an aerator find at the GIE Show. Lawn Solutions showed a new style handle bar assembly on their walk behind unit and they were looking for feedback. So I gave them some... now one of the most operator friendly walk behind aerators is set to become even easier to use. I didn't get a picture, but basically it went from a set up with two straight bar ends and a thumb lever direction control thingy to an single push/pull, A shaped bar. It's much more ergonomic and easier to manipulate.

I have no idea when or even if LS is going to officially introduce this set up. All I know is that I sent a PM to David at LS basically grovelling for an upgrade to mine. Not because it needs it, but because I want it!

Gotta give it up to a company that has a hit on it's hands, but doesn't sit on it's laurels and continues to work to make their product even better.

Good job LS. :drinkup:

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i hear from my man there that the ride on is really showing the competition up. rabbitman is famous now for showing it off!!!!!

3. HISnHERS

HISnHERS LawnSite Member

Yeah, they have it there and it's crazy cool. Not sure who it was but somebody in the demo area definitely had some experience and skills with the thing.

4. Barefoot James

Barefoot James LawnSite Senior Member

The ride on has 1000 pounds of down pressure + is weights 1200 pounds thats over a ton. Soooo if you put the tines all the way down you can ride a wheely with the front wheels waaay up off the ground and get this the back tires go up off the gnd too so you are basically riding on the tines. Now I don't know that you would ever need to do it this way but the bottom line is you can and it looks pretty cool. I also found out you can do 4000 sq ft around landscaping in 3.5 mins. LS is a HUGE hit at the show!!!

5. EastCoast

EastCoast LawnSite Senior Member

They are in their own backyard, they should be stealing the show!

Can somebody post some photo?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. HISnHERS

HISnHERS LawnSite Member

Here you go.... the re-designed handle assembly and the LS outdoor demo area with a crowd.

Aerator with resesigned handle.JPG

LS Outdoor demo area '09 GIE EXPO.JPG

7. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

The new setup will start in Nov...we are switching over to the new design especially after the feedback from the show.

The changes do make them turn even easier but the ergonomic and intuitave design make it simple to use for anyone.....I mean anyone can use it now, not just landscapers.

We will have some new videos and picture of them shortly....didn't really have time at the show...just too buisy. It was absolutly CRAZY at our booth the last 2-days. Even I was suprised by the amount of traffic and people just standing arond watching, and watching, and watching.

I also was nice that we sold most of the equipment that we brought to the show...not like we have a long drive back to our factory (2.5 miles), but sure beats loading it up and taking it home. About 1/2 of it left today and the rest of it should be gone at the end of the show tomorrow.

David

8. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I ran the walk behind model today :) This thing is so simple why did it take so long for somebody to think of it ? I did not run the ride on but looked it over.The first thing I noticed is the chain drive( I hate working on chains )while watching it a chain broke,or popped off probably the only draw back I see to this machine.Bottom line when I sell my Turfco walk behinds I will buy a LS walk behind .Oh yeah the hitch rack makes hauling it easy.

9. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

The chain coming off this morning was embarrassing...we left the chain lube at the office...when the unit is new it is especially important to lube the chains each morning when they are in the brake-in period. It takes about 20-30 hours for them to initially stretch and break-in. We put it back on and sprayed them down when one of my guys got back from the office like we should have before taking it out...live and learn.

We did put 11.9 hours on the machine letting hundreds of people try it in 2 days...no too bad. It pretty much ran non-stop. Just glad it didn't rain today like expected.

10. a plus bob

a plus bob LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

No you put 11.9 HARD hrs on it :) If it will hold up to that it should be rugged.