1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Solutions equipment

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by americanlawn, May 19, 2010.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

David just left about 30 minutes ago. I won't go into detail, but he "treated us more than fair". 3 of us tried out his new stuff, and he has several new units that will please most folks. Planning to buy their ride-on aerator later this year & sell some of our other aerators on ebay.

Thought I's post cuz Lawn Solutions is ahead of their time IMO.

Thanks David for going out of your way to visit us.

Sincerely, American Lawn Care, Inc. :usflag::canadaflag:
  2. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

Let me know how your guys like the new style walk-behind aerator. Our early ones (2009s) were nice, but the 2010 models are pretty much amazing on how they handle. We are always looking to improve where possible.

Thanks again and was good meeting with you.

3. JoJo1990

JoJo1990 LawnSite Member

I'm not trying to hijack this thread...I have also spoken to David on the phone and he is always very helpful.

David, can you tell us what the improvements are on the 2010 walk behind aerator?
  4. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

David, would you like to have the prototype back for your showroom? I will trade it back to you for a 2010 ?
  5. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

The controls are radically different. It uses a push-pull motion like a nice self propelled 21" mower. The closest thing to it would be Toro's Personal Pace mower. They drive very similar except ours is a hydrostatic drive, variable speed, and aerates forward or reverse.
  6. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

You are running 1 of our first 3 units ever built...which is a nice unit, but our 2010 models are even easier to operate. We might be able to do a trade in for you....but it's gong to cost you.

Give me a call.
  7. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I love my machine & wouldn't trade it for anything. Years down the road, when lawn solutions becomes the general motors of lawn equipment, i will have one of the original units that i will sell for big bucks. Then i will buy a small place in aruba and sell snowplows :cool:
  8. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Anybody ever bought a Lawn Solutions ride-on/ZTR aerator? How do you like it? Does it reduce manpower enough to justify the cost? (most of our aerations are done within a 3 week period during the fall). Don't mind spending $8500 for a ride-on sprayer/spreader cuz we use ours six days a week from March through November.

Been using LS walk-behinds & TURFCO's with the sulky. Large areas, we use Ryan hydraulic-lift aerators pulled by John Deere 445 garden tractors (22 hsp). We run 2 guys per aeration crew.

Any personal advice would be appreciated. Thanks. (Rabbitman, I know you have one) :laugh:

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one and love it! It's worth every penny. Fast, deep plugs, and does what three aerators can do.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

where are they sold. What is the difference between these aerators and say a blue bird or a ryan?