Lawn Solutions Ride-on Aerator Pics by Rabbitman

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LawnSolutionsCP, Oct 25, 2009.

1. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

I was able to meet up with Rabbitman in Indianapolis last week and watch him on his Ride-on Aerator. He let me take some pics and shoot some video.

Below are some pics of him pulling some very nice plugs at full speed. I can just watch these aerators punch out the plugs all day...

Rabbitman 4.jpg

Rabbitman3.jpg

Rabbitman 5.jpg

2. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

Here is a link to the video. The video is large because it has to be large to get enough detail to shows the plugs as fast as they are moving / flying through the air.

Just let it buffer on your computer, it will play automatically in Windwos Media Player.

http://lawnsolutionscp.com/video/Rabbitman1.wmv

3. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like the foot plate could be longer looks like his feet are hanging half on and half off?

4. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

You would think unless you try it...it actually makes it much more comfortable. Just ask anyone who has tried one. You use your right toe to raise and lower the tines and with the platform design is it more ergonimic making it short.

We have made them both ways and 100% of the people who try them prefer the short one.

Are you coming to the EXPO next week?

5. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

That is pretty awesome!

6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I agree that the unit is very comfortable!

I always knew that Rabbitman was going to make it on TV....I just thought it would be on COPS! :laugh:

Nice video!

That machine is truely on top right now as the best aerator on the market.

I have the little guy and it works great!

If I didn't have my 2 three point tractor mounts I would have one of these bad boys right now!

7. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

You probably just missed that episode.

8. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

Here is a raw video take of him doing an average size front yard with landscaping, trees, beds, sidewalks, etc...in just 3-1/2 minutes even while taking his time.

Basically, it runs, turns, moves, like a commercial mower.

He is able to raise and lower the tines in about 1/2 second making it extremely quick to zero turn without ever having to remove his hands from the controls.

Also notice how he can aerate while turning around obsticales and how close he can get to hard surfaces or edges. He is just 2" off the driveway pulling 4" plugs.

Personally, I would turn just prior to getting on the drive way just to keep from having to clean up the plugs afterwards. When going along the edges, you can pull plugs right up against the concrete and not get them in the customers driveway or sidewalks.

Even on uneven surafaces you will still get 3-4" plugs, what ever it is set at, because the aerating head floats using hydraulics and follows the contrours of the ground constantly making adjustments. You can also adjust the depth on the fly while aerating a full speed when getting into softer or harder soil conditions.

Video link is below

www.lawnsolutionscp.com/video/Rabbitman2.wmv

David

9. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Awesome! David - your ride-on kicks butt. Rabbitman looked like a pro. Plugs were awesome too. Thanks to both of you for a great video. :usflag:

10. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Same here. I own and really like the walk behind. I use my kubota and 72" woods 3 point hitch unit for big aerations.