Lawn Solutions ride on fluids

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Oct 3, 2010.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Picked up my LS ride on Friday afternoon. It came without the owner's manual, which I called and got them to mail to me.

My Hydro resevior is bone dry, but I see fluid in the eye glass. I want to add some to the resivior .... at least to the cold line. What oil is recommended for this?

2. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

I would like to know why it was bone dry? Did they have a sticker or warning tags to fill it before use? Running the hydro's low for a short period is not good for them. LS has a great product but needs to get the production side down. The 24" W/B is way late and you here many without manuals etc. Doing it right the first time would make their life alot easier.

3. lush&green

lush&green LawnSite Member

Mine is as well and I did not get a manual.?? Once we get this thing back from the repair shop I will fill it if needed..

4. grassmasterswilson

from nc

It has oil up by the pump and I can see it in the sight glass up under the controls. The plastic resivoir by the motor is what is empty. the cold line is not very high up, but am assuming that it should be filled to the cold line and then might expand as the oil heats up.

What kind of oil do you use for the hydro pump?

5. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering why the unit is in the shop and how soon after you bought it it had to go to the shop?

6. Service 1st Lawn Care

Service 1st Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

How do you like the Aerator

7. lush&green

lush&green LawnSite Member

Don't know? It came friday and it appears the starter is shot and we blew a tire getting it off the **** pallet...I am hoping to use it this week...

8. grassmasterswilson

from nc

Don't know about yours, but my crate was pretty weak. Had mine delivered to my chemical company cause I don't have a fork lift. We didn't even feel comfortable loading it on my trailer for fear the pallet would fall apart. I un crated it and drove it on the trailer.

9. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Probably has no fluids because of shipping? I have shipped equipment before and had to drain all fluids.

10. grassmasterswilson

from nc

Got a ton of fescue renovations to do starting first thing in the morning. Can anyone tell me what the recommended type of oil is for the hydro pump??? Think my ztr's use synthetic 10w-30.