Lawn Care Forum banner

Lawn Solutions "updated" website

7K views 45 replies 15 participants last post by  kennc38 
#1 ·
I decided to check Lawn Solutions website and they kinda of/sort of updated. It at least has a picture of their newest models of each aerator with some basic specs on each. It still doesn't give any more info on basically anything else. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

#3 ·
Thanks for the update. THAT is what I'm looking for. I talked to G & G a couple weeks ago and they said they could let me demo the stander. I may have to just check it out for grins, and who knows, maybe I will be able to manuever it on my 3k sf lawns. Either way....thanks for giving us some info.

#4 ·
We have a new marketing company doing our website. That is their place holder while they are updating and testing the new one. New one should be in 2-3 weeks.

Just passed through Colorado and dropped off 6 riding aerators at G&G Equipment for any guys out west who are looking to demo one.
Where have you guys been? Is this David? Just curious because there were always alot of posts from you regarding your equipment.

Anyway, anything in the works as far as the spreader/sprayer that you have been working on?

#5 ·
Still nothing yet on the spreader / sprayer....we have prototypes but just too much going on.

I just got back from a week in Las Vegas at a show which has been my life for the last few months.

I'm back in the office and will start rolling our some of our new stuff we have been showing off over the last few months.

#6 ·
We have a new marketing company doing our website. That is their place holder while they are updating and testing the new one. New one should be in 2-3 weeks.
I think you need to re-consider the company you're using for marketing. Still no updated website...

What is the delivery time frame for the new 24" dually? Thanks.

#9 ·
I agree with you guys. As for where to spend my 4k....I chose to buy a plugr within the last week because of this exact issue with Lawn Solutions. I am very satisfied with my purchase. I can't imagine this is the kind of reputation a smaller company wants.

#10 ·
I agree, LS is missing the boat on marketing there equiptment on the internet. Basic information should be available AT ALL TIMES!!!. Any idea how many potential customers you could be losing daily by not have basic product & pricing information available? I think you guys have state of the art equiptment, but it's not going to sell itself without the proper marketing.

You need to perform the following:
1. Develop a marketing plan for your Web site.
2. While developing your Web site marketing plan, ask yourself "What is the purpose of my Web site?" Does it need to generate sales leads or requests for information?
3. Understand the users of your site.
4. Make sure the strategy behind your Web site design comes from someone qualified.

#11 ·
You guys have valid points. I did, however, demo their equipment and was sold on it. The purchase was not difficult. My trailer is exclusively Lawn Solutions. I'm also seriously contemplating the dual hydro to make it a trifecta of LS equipment. The reason I'm seriously considering it is due to my postive experiences with my current LS machines. Single hydro WB and the Ride On machine. IMO, LS is the ONLY way to go. I enjoy aerating now. www.plugitlawn.com

#12 ·
I have some real concerns with this company as well. I needed parts for a Revitalizer recently. Tried calling their toll free number and Kentucky ph number numerous times. It rang once then went dead. Finally got hold of them. Thr guy answering the phone sounds like he's got no idea what he's doing. He said they have poor phone service from AT&T and that I wasn't the first person to have problems getting through. He said it's been like that forever.

Their new website is actually less useful than the one before. It's really awful. Maybe the same people who put together John Deere/Lesco website did LS website? They both suck.

Anyway, I also asked about getting a possible demo or where I could demo a 24" aerator. The guy laughed at me and said they have like 45 on order and none are ready to be sent out to those that ordered them and that finding one for demo would be impossible at the moment.

I'm sure David Cook is a good guy but honestly think he's got too many pots on the stove and is burning stuff, ya know? If you read this Dave, I'm on your side brother but you got to communicate with the people who support your company thru purchasing your products. I think a good website with some updated info/news would go a long way. Just saying.

#13 ·
I've also heard a lot of good things about LS's products; however, marketing and customer service will either make or break a company. I've heard several people complain about the "customer service" people they've spoken to at LS with regards to lack of knowledge and/or flippant attitude. I too would love to demo the 24" dual aerator and possibly purchase one, but if all you get is a laugh or a disconnected phone call when you inquire about one, I'm not so sure LS is the company I want to be dealing with in terms of long-term customer service.

#14 ·
I have some real concerns with this company as well. I needed parts for a Revitalizer recently. Tried calling their toll free number and Kentucky ph number numerous times. It rang once then went dead. Finally got hold of them. Thr guy answering the phone sounds like he's got no idea what he's doing. He said they have poor phone service from AT&T and that I wasn't the first person to have problems getting through. He said it's been like that forever.

Their new website is actually less useful than the one before. It's really awful. Maybe the same people who put together John Deere/Lesco website did LS website? They both suck.

Anyway, I also asked about getting a possible demo or where I could demo a 24" aerator. The guy laughed at me and said they have like 45 on order and none are ready to be sent out to those that ordered them and that finding one for demo would be impossible at the moment.

I'm sure David Cook is a good guy but honestly think he's got too many pots on the stove and is burning stuff, ya know? If you read this Dave, I'm on your side brother but you got to communicate with the people who support your company thru purchasing your products. I think a good website with some updated info/news would go a long way. Just saying.
Aaron I don't think the page you go to when you click on LS is there web sit.

Its just a page till there web site is done. Web sites must be hard to build it's been a while. LS has good equipment but that's it.Remember i have one 2

I tryed A 24 inch and they are nice.

And AT&T is a long distance carrier not a phone CO unless it a cell phone

Charles Cue

#15 ·
What it seems to me is the owners put ls to the side to concentrate on a large contract they got. They have a great product it appears but the are shooting themselves by not finalizing specs or website done. Think its been atleast 6 months they have been saying the website is being worked on by a new company.
Posted via Mobile Device

#17 ·
So does anyone know besides David what is delaying the 24 in aerator?
Posted via Mobile Device
They got a large contract to build a line of renovating equipment (google and you will find it, toro). This it appears to have side lined lot of man power from ls own line. They state they reworked the controls on the 24" aerator to be smoother like the ride on. That is all I know.
Posted via Mobile Device

#18 ·
They got a large contract to build a line of renovating equipment (google and you will find it, toro). This it appears to have side lined lot of man power from ls own line. They state they reworked the controls on the 24" aerator to be smoother like the ride on. That is all I know.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mr. Cook has made it to the big leagues fellas....check out this link....

http://www.rentalpulse.com/Article/tabid/95/smid/1276/ArticleID/14101/reftab/685/t/Default.aspx

#19 ·
THATS why he's been ignoring us. Still pretty terrible marketing. Even if you're working on one big account/contract, it shouldn't mean all the other ones are neglected. Hopefully they start painting them red. Then if I buy any they'll match my mowers.
Posted via Mobile Device

#20 ·
Aaron I don't think the page you go to when you click on LS is there web sit.

Its just a page till there web site is done. Web sites must be hard to build it's been a while. LS has good equipment but that's it.Remember i have one 2

I tryed A 24 inch and they are nice.

And AT&T is a long distance carrier not a phone CO unless it a cell phone

Charles Cue
Well ATandT is most surely a phone company offering residential and business land lines all over the United States and beyond.

They also offer cell,internet and Uverse cable services as well.

The girlfriend is mangement with att and has 19 years with the company, so I may not know all the logistics,but I can comfortably say they are still a landline phone service company.
Posted via Mobile Device

#21 ·
THATS why he's been ignoring us. Still pretty terrible marketing. Even if you're working on one big account/contract, it shouldn't mean all the other ones are neglected. Hopefully they start painting them red. Then if I buy any they'll match my mowers.
Posted via Mobile Device
For the first part I agree and looking at the xt5 as a unit to purchase. They will be red but not the same units ls has, more like traditional ryan units it sounded like.

They have a great product but need better management/marketing to say the least.
Posted via Mobile Device

#23 ·
I am also concerned about Lawn Solutions. We just purchased their stand on aerator. Unfortunatley the item was lost in transit by fed ex. After about a week it was located and we picked it up at the fed-ex freight center. I have been calling for the past 3 days to advise LS that I have the unit. I find it hard to believe that the phone just rings and there is not even an answering machine. I am concerned that now that we have the unit if we have a problem we will be unable to get technical support. I understand that as a company grows it is hard to deliver personal service but answering a phone should be a no brainer.

#24 ·
I am also concerned about Lawn Solutions. We just purchased their stand on aerator. Unfortunatley the item was lost in transit by fed ex. After about a week it was located and we picked it up at the fed-ex freight center. I have been calling for the past 3 days to advise LS that I have the unit. I find it hard to believe that the phone just rings and there is not even an answering machine. I am concerned that now that we have the unit if we have a problem we will be unable to get technical support. I understand that as a company grows it is hard to deliver personal service but answering a phone should be a no brainer.
We only have 3 lines coming into our office and they are busy almost 100% of the time. It should roll to VM and we normally call back within 30 minutes to an hour.

It is just that time of year and yes we are looking at adding more lines to handle the calls.

#25 ·
Posted via Mobile Device
How have I been ignoring anyone? I probably put on more posts than any OEM on this site and I'm the president of the company and the guy who does 75% of all our design and engineering work.

I, like everyone, still has to wait 3 minutes between each person I respond to on LawnSIte which takes a good 1-2 hours to do at times...which is why people get feed back at all hours of the day from me.

Yes we are swamped and flooded with orders....we should be. Our products are cutting edge and we constantly work to exceed ever our current stuff. And yes, better units are coming and most poeple are like how can that be.

Our 24" units will start shipping tomorrow and I'll post some pics once I have a chance, I have been running the new unit a lot and it is 300% better than what we have shown or let poeple demo in the past.....faster, smoother, quiter, better turning, better engine, better raise and lower w/ a biased lifting while riding the sulky.

I try to keep people up to date and informed as much as possible but too much isn't a good thing either....its a fine line.

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
Couldn't disagree with you more. You have been stringing us along quite a bit with false ship dates. Then nobody hears from you for 3-4 weeks. If the machine is still being tweaked that's fine, just tell us that. Instead we get all these ship dates that never hold up. That being said, if it's all you say it is I'll probably eventually come to the LS dark side.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.