1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Solutions WB Aerator update

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by grass4gas, Oct 3, 2009.

1. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

We will be showing a custom sulky that goes with our aerators next week.

2. john_incircuit

john_incircuit LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

David,
    I'm really interested in replacing our Bluebird. Maybe I overlooked a post, but I'm not clear on some of the technology features of the LawnSolutions WB Aerator. For example, are only the wheels driven, or the wheels and the drum, is the drum split to allow for the easy turning, how do we "up and down" the tines, etc.

Thanks!!

3. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

Tines are driven, wheels are driven, tine setup is on a drum and different lets just say its different how it works.

You can raise and lower the tines on the fly while aerating without having to stop as well...this is shown in our online video.

David

4. john_incircuit

john_incircuit LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Are the tines lowered and raised manually or is there a hydraulic cylinder? How does the effort of lowering / raising the tines / doing a turn compare to the effort it takes on a Bluebird for example?

5. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

The WB aerator uses a manuel lift. However, you do not have to lift the tines up in order to make turns. That's the beauty of this machine. Except when crossing hard surfaces, the tines stay down for the whole job. You can even aerate backwards.

The machine does a great job. I bought one this fall and it works well.

6. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

lawn solutions has been a super company to deal with. I have the prototype walk behind unit, i dont think it even has a serial #. David was kind enough to ship me updated rear wheels and handlebar brackets because these improvements we implemented after my unit was built, now thats good business. He runs that company as if it were lawn king!

7. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I brought this thread back up because I was impressed with everyones comments on an obviously quality machine. I am in Arkansas and there are no dealers in my area. I did a search on the LS website and there are no dealers in my state or LA. One in Tupelo, MS and 1 in Amarillo and a handfull in MO. I'd like one of you that own one to tell me what the price was for the WB(ballpark is fine) I'll sort out shipping later. I will be pushing aeration as an upsell this Spring and all indications are that this is the piece of equipment to have.
    You can PM me if you like.
    Thanks

8. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

You should expect to spend around $3500. for the unit.

9. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks Lawn King. Much appreciated.

10. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't speak for the aerator, but I was talking to some dealers about their seeder. As far as customer service goes, I think one seeder had some sort of cable issue, and LS sent replacement cables out for all in stock machines and the customers who already purchased machines. I don't know if that's true or not, but it seems like these guys are the real deal service wise.