Lawn Specialties Utility Body

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawnspecialties, Aug 1, 2008.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

My fellow member, cutbetterthatyou and I have become instant fans of service body trucks. I only post these to show others just how awesome these trucks are for lawn maintenance. I've always tried to stay organized but this is just too cool. I bought her three weeks ago from a guy in northern Va.

She's an '04 4X4 with the 5.4. She doesn't pull anything like the power stroke but I still think she's great. I'm only getting around 8-9 mpg pulling the Gravelys around town but that's OK.

[​IMG]

Driver's side:
    Compartment 1: oil, tools, edger blades, trash bags, bug spray, sun screen, WD-40 and other everyday items.
    Compartment 2: mower blades and belts, miscellaneous nuts and bolts, grease gun, and other maintenance items.
    Compartment 3: Pesticides

[​IMG]

Passenger side:
    Compartment 4: tow chains and straps, bungies and tie downs, fire extinguisher.
    Compartment 5: Hedge trimmers, chain saw, and bolt cutters (these stay locked at all times).
    Compartment 6: Irrigation repair and other miscellaneous spray chemicals

[​IMG]

I'll never go without another truck like this as long as I'm in lawn maintenance.:)

2. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler LawnSite Member

That is a sharp set-up! Nice looking rig for sure.

3. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Jw... But where do you put clippings and other debris after a job? Is that your only truck?

4. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Get rid of the WD-40 and start using fluid film. Do it now. Nice truck btw.

5. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

We rarely bag down here. Wide dispersal out the discharge is good enough for me and my customers. I have an '05 crew cab Lariat 4X4 with the 6.0L that gets to stay at home most of the time now. I'll still use it for pulling the tractor around and other larger jobs. It sure is nice getting that one clean and having it stay clean more than one day.

I knew when I put that in, someone would chime in about Fluid Film. :laugh:

6. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice truck i really like the long compartment on the pass side it would be perfect for your trimmers as well

7. oakhillslandscaping

oakhillslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i want to do that to my ford but its a short bed and i cant find a used utility body anywhere awsome looking rig there man im extremely jealous

8. Diamond Dave

Diamond Dave LawnSite Member

That is nice. I would have never thought of using a utility body for a lawn maintenance rig.

9. N&CLandscaping

N&CLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

O okay I was jw... Didn't know you had a second truck. Anyway I do like your set up with the Utility Body

10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

i love the utility body!