Lawn Sprayer

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Stan MI, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Stan MI

Stan MI LawnSite Member
    from MI

I need a sprayer and was looking for some help here as to make and model to purchase.

Would like to spray 2-4-D. I need to cover about 8 acres (yes I'm a lawn nut). Hopefully less than $500 in the budget.

I would be pulling with a ZTR.

Any suggestion ?

2. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

The pictures below are of some 50 gallon sprayers that can be pulled behind your ZTR or an ATV. With a 12 volt 60 psi pump and with a boom attached to it you could probably cover quite a bit of territory. The first picture is of one used on a Kawasaki Mule, and the second picture is of a Spraymate. There are a lot of different sizes and makes out there besides these.

The Kawasaki would be more than your budget, while the Spraymate lists for less, but I bet if you shopped around you could find a number that wouldn't break your bank account.

sprayers.jpg

3. Stan MI

Stan MI LawnSite Member
    from MI

CC

Does the Spraymate have a web site. Looks like what I need.

Thanks

4. Stan MI

Stan MI LawnSite Member
    from MI

Anybody else using or have a suggestion as to a sprayer ?

5. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

I would get something with a 25 gal tank or smaller. 25 gals can cover 5 acres.

6. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

??? with how many re-fills?

7. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Heh heh... 25 gallons can cover 5 acres, but so can 5 gallons. It obviously all depends upon your rate of application. But at any rate (no pun intended)... the Spraymate 50 uses two 25 gallon tanks, while the Spraymate 25 has one.

http://www.wikco.com/Spraymate.html is the website.

Like most sprayers, they have a basic price for the spraying unit, and then you pay extra for the accessories... such as trailer and boom.

8. Grandview

from WI

I always spray at about 5 gal/acre. I use the smallest air inductions nozzles I can get. I space them at 20 inches. I spray at 30 psi going at 5 mph. No problems with coverage. It would be tough getting down to gal/acre. I am suggesting that a huge rig is not necessary for 8 acres once or twice a year.

9. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

you could get a ATV sprayer and mount it to the back of your mower. I like a mounted sprayer better for easier turning and better control.

10. Grandview

from WI

I like mounted sprayers also. All mine are mounted on a 3-point frame. Very handy for turning and backing into corners.