Lawn Steroid?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by ahill713, May 6, 2006.

1. ahill713

ahill713 LawnSite Member

Hi guys,
    i posted this in residential help too but...
    I am having a barbeque on saturday and rain is forcasted in the begining of the week...
    I was wondering if there is any product i can buy to really make my lawn look nice. Its already a pretty healthy lawn but i want it to look great for the party.
    I plan on cutting the yard on friday before the party but anything that can help would be nice.
    Thanks a ton!
  2. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya theres really not much you can do. If anything buy some urea and put it down. But that won't even do that much in a week.
  3. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

nothing for a week i like the way the lawn looks 2 days after the cut

but you gotta realize steroids arent a wonder drug... stab yourself with steroids and you will just get bigger and look stupid ... if u want to look like a body builder or jacked up you need to have a very very strict diet, very strict workout regime, proper sleep ,etc.....( i know lots of pros and amateurs and stupid gym jiuceheads)

your lawn needs proper watering,fertilization, cuts, seeding, etc..... nothing makes it perfect over night 99% of customers think hiring a landscaper automatically means your lawn will be perfect
  4. grassworks

grassworks LawnSite Member

Go to Lesco and pick up some Turf Color ( It's paint) you can apply it with a back pack sprayer after mixing with water. Fastest way to get a VERY Green lawn.:)
  5. bullethead

bullethead LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Super Seaweed
  6. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Iron might get it green in a week if you water it well.
  7. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

Fertilizer high in Iron and Sulfur. Takes only 2-4 days if watered in. I think Scotts Pro has both where as regular Scotts only has Iron. Nitrogen will only green it to a point, I've never gotten a deep green without iron and sulfur. Fert with just iron does ok but doesn't last as long as iron/sulfur combo.

If you're buying from a commercial place they should carry ferts with iron/sulfur.
  8. EGL&L

EGL&L LawnSite Member

Combination of Iron and Manganese works well. Liquid application will give visible results in 2 days.
  9. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

Chelated iron my man.

Green by lunch tomorrow.
  10. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

2 applications
    1. 21-0-0 Ammonium sulfate - Local feed store
    2.Ironite in a hose end sprayer, since you appear to be a homeowner. You can get it at Home Depot and it will give some decent results,

Mow on thurs to let the lawn bounce back from the cutting if your lawn tends to scalp when mowed.