Lawn Striper for 21" Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Landscape89, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Landscape89

Landscape89 LawnSite Member

During this past winter I bought the lawn striper that is used for the 21" walk behinds. I must say, the results from this baby are AWESOME! Just thought I'd let you know about this little device. BTW, if any of you are interested the website is: :cool2: payup :waving:
  2. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

cool thanks for the link. I posted a week or so ago looking for one of these :cool2:
  3. LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking about looking for one of these as well. Any pics of it installed? What mower is it on?
  4. EastCoast

EastCoast LawnSite Senior Member

I have one installed on my Honda HRX.

Works great!
  5. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

Have any of you guys had problems with the bolts on those little bars that attach the striping wheel to the mower coming loose? The thing stripes awesome, but I can't stand to use it because the clamps don't hold tight to the striper, which makes the striper slide from left to right in the clamps. This makes my stipes uneven, and makes me mad. I haven't use it yet this year.

Maybe there is way to make them way tighter....?
  6. Cut

Cut LawnSite Member

If you go to the gallery, you can see images of it mounted, plus some of it in action. But does that stripe better than the mudflaps? I hear someone making a striping kit out of mudflaps. Which has to be much lighter than the roller. I personally made mine from chains. it stripes ok, but its heavy. I might get one of those rollers though.
  7. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

a previous member used them, said they worked great.
    how heavy is that actual roller though, or do you have to fill it with something.
    if i remember right, the guy had to fill it with ball bearings.. or i could be thinking of something else.
  8. Cut

Cut LawnSite Member

The website said to fill with sand.
  9. bmh1202

bmh1202 LawnSite Member

I believe Lowes is selling this product now. I'm not sure if it's the same company, but it looks very similar. The one they have looks to be a real POS.
  10. greeneakers04

greeneakers04 LawnSite Member

I filled mine with sand and bb's. It stripes awesome, but ......see above post.