1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Lawn Stripes with a Walker GHS or ExMark Navigator

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pflasch, Sep 13, 2008.

1. pflasch

pflasch LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

For anyone that has these great machines, how do you get a professional stripe with the tail wheel making it's own mark?

OR, should I just get a mid mount and forget about a stripe with these up front machines??
  2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

You can get the wide tail wheels for the Walker if the center stripe bothers you.
  3. grassaholic

grassaholic LawnSite Senior Member

Like Turf Dawg said, You can get the split tail wheel option on the Walker and it will stripe just like a midmount. As far as I know, the Walker and the Navigator can lay down some pretty mean stripes. They just have an extra tire mark in the middle of each stripe, but the stripes are just as good as any other mower. I know the extra tire mark bothers some people, but that doesn't mean they don't stripe.
  4. pflasch

from VA

Thanks too both of you... I'm off to get a split tail wheel kit!
  5. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Walker and if I remember right when checking on the split wheel assy. you will need to use the wheels that are on your mower now, FYI
  6. pflasch

from VA

Thanks Dave,

I'll check on that tomorrow!
  7. 2stroke

2stroke LawnSite Senior Member

walker stripes pic... single wide rear tire. phone pic.

walker stripes.jpg
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

The tail wheels don't bother most people, it's kinda a trademark stripe. anyone who knows mowers can spot it a mile away.

Another phone camera pic. this is my grandma's front yard.

Oh, and this is ONCE over in that direction, not "burned in" over several weeks like some people do. And the dark lines you see are the shadows of the powerlines that run overhead.

Attached Files:

9. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

so did you get the split tail wheel kit? if so, how do you like it? i was thinking about getting it too smooth out the ride.
  10. pflasch

from VA

I'm not going to do anything until after I get back from GIE.
    Thanks for the followup...