Lawn stripes

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Capemay Eagle, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

I noticed photos of lawn stripes. How do you do this???

2. Glenn J

Glenn J LawnSite Member

Depends on the mower. I have a commercial style walk behind and just alternating directions on the paths is enough. I could get creative and fab up a roller or chains, but the deck rake seems to do a good job.

3. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

To do mine...we went to best buy got a decent digital camera with at least 12x optical zoom, and when they're done cutting I aim the camera at the area I want to capture and press the button.
    Then at the shop I download the photos from the camera onto the hard disc, then post then into a forum.

Hope that helps.:usflag:

4. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

To do mine...we went to best buy got a decent digital camera with at least 12x optical zoom, and when they're done cutting I aim the camera at the area I want to capture and press the button.
    Then at the shop, I download the photos from the camera onto the hard disc, then post them into a forum thread.

Hope that helps.:usflag:

5. ericlemson

ericlemson LawnSite Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA....that was pretty funnny although the double post kind of ruined it.

6. GripB

GripB LawnSite Member

As Glenn J mentioned the deck rake is critical and also the addition of a roller or chains enhances it even more. Also, the type of grass and how high you cut it play a part. My turf is a 50/50 mix of Rye and Kentucky Blue, which I cut with a commercial mower at 3 3/4". The attached picture is of my 1st cut this season. The picture is sorta funny though....have not put the deck furniture out and there's no leaves on the trees yet, but I got me some stripes goin :drinkup: Good luck and feel free to ask any questions.

Back Yard.jpg

7. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

You keep it at 3 3/4 all year ???

8. PEARCE LAWN CARE

PEARCE LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

9. leejp

leejp LawnSite Member

Nice! Me Likey!

10. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

GripB,
    Your work is fabulous, I remember seeing your stripes last year in a picture thread. Kudos to you. :clapping:

Pearce Lawn Care:
    That is not your picture which you have listed in your sig line, nor on your website. You should give credit where credit is due. That pic is from a past member here EricELM.