Lawn Striping Kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Shine, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Green Shine

Green Shine LawnSite Member

Hello I have a toro 50" z i purchased toro's striping kit but it does a fair job.. now I've seen some companys have very bright lines im wondering on What is the best ! and worth money ...mine is the bolt on back of the deck and its a thick piece of leather I saw the plastic wheel that is allmost as long do those work please email me let me know like to buy another one before spring thanks ken also i love striping lines

2. JTAYLORLAWN

JTAYLORLAWN LawnSite Member

I got the one from big league lawns, Loved it!! you can search my username for posts and look at some of the pics of my stripes that it created. They were great to deal with and a heavy durable product!

3. Green Shine

Ok thanks ive seen the rollers but cost alot and was sure if to waist my money or not i like to my yards stand out
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. martinlawn29

martinlawn29 LawnSite Member

we do not use them at all . We have tired them before but they seem to not hold up for as many lawns as we do in a weeks time.
    You can stripe up a lawn with out them sharpen your blades at least every other day if your cutting more then 10 lawns a day and scrape your deck when you do blades and use a good mower you will do some fine lines.
    Lots of guys you with real nice lines mow the same lines every day so the grass is trained to bend that way not so good for the grass but they do it.
    Good luck I have seen guys make there own roller kits maybe look into that.

5. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

Any mower will stripe well if the deck is setup correctly. I've seen cheap home owner riding mowers stripe nice.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Green Shine

Yah u can but i want the effect to really show read my post
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. crazymike

crazymike LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Some guys just use two chains and a pipe to drag behind there mower. Or just drag some chain.

The stripes are from all the grass facing the right direction.

8. Green Shine

Wow do you read the entire thing i know how lines form direction of grass lay i dont want somethin that looks lime crap draging on my mower
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

The Toro stripers just plain SUCK!!! They have a piece of sheet steel fashioned so it will scrape off debris from the plastic roller. What happens is that grass and debrs gets built up between the roller and the steel and it gets hopelessly bound up and will not turn. Its a really dumb design- PERIOD. I'd think a seventh grade science class could design something better Many of the dealers sell their own that rides free behind the deck and is made of a solid billet of stainless. I bought one for about $200 and its pure chit.

I purchased one from Big league lawns and really like it.

10. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

What type of grass are you cutting?
    Posted via Mobile Device