Lawn Striping rollers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by johnhenry, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Hi Evereyone I am wondering if there is some where I can purchase striping rollers.I have a new 345 john deere with a 54 deck a 520 wheelhorse with a 42 inch deck .Plus I like to know if there is someone who makes rollers for walk behinds.
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I used to use JD tractors to mow with until I got smart and got ZTR's. I always thought the JD did pretty good at striping. Below is me on my 430 JD wrestling the steering wheel. Did I mention I hate a steering wheel on a mower? :D

BTW, I do not know of a company that makes rollers for the equipment you listed.

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Talk to the guys at York Sheet Metal. They make rollers and I believe they will make anything to fit your application.

I think the site is

Hope this helps!
  4. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

That must be an old picture,Eric.That JD stripes great for what it is.Your stripes are awewsome as usual.
  5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Thanks John, that picture is about 8 or 9 years old, back when I used the 430 JD to mow with. Nothing like trying to go straight with sloppy steering, even if it is power steering. ;)
  6. tomoaktree

tomoaktree LawnSite Member
    from WNY

Is that the same style striper w/chains on the jd that you currently have on your choppers ?
  7. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know what your talking about when you mentioned sloppy steering on your JD 430. Had the same problem w/ 420's & 430 that I used to run. I wouldn't trade the steering levers on my Z for the world. If I had to go back to a steering wheel I think I would find a new line of work!!! Were you running doubles in that picture?? I ran doubles on the JD's too, it was the only way I could get the JD's cut to look as good as the Lazers, back before we switched to all Lazers and had to run them together. ED