Lawn Stripping

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GMP, Aug 2, 2006.

1. GMP

GMP LawnSite Member

I was wondering if a soild piece of rubber was mounted on the back of a Cub Cadet M50 and was done right.Will this achieve a full stripping effect as my Toro pacer gives me?I would hate to waste a couple of hours and find out it does not work.Thanks for any input on this:

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Yes it should work try a heavy rubber it's all in laying the grass down.

3. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

Yes it will.
    The thicker and more stiff the rubber is the better it will work.

4. GMP

GMP LawnSite Member

Thanks for the heads up:usflag: I will be using a rubber belt from a conveyor line and should be strong enough to lay the grass down.I must add my 34" Toro strips really nice but it is a man handler and adding this belt to my cub cadet will do wonders for my lawn.Thanks for the advice,Gary

5. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I think you might get arrested for stripping on someone's lawn. Do you plan on bringing your own pole? :drinkup:

6. GMP

GMP LawnSite Member

I was waiting for someone to say that!! Hey it could be a new trend!!

7. MJB

MJB LawnSite Silver Member
    from Wa

I've tried the rubber flap but like the roller better. I am going to try to post some pictures. I'm not a good photgrapher either.

Mikes Lawn 032.jpg

Mikes Lawn 039.jpg

Mikes Lawn 041.jpg

8. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

now is that with the rubber or the roller???

9. BPLS1993

BPLS1993 LawnSite Member

is there a post that allready has pictures of what some people have attached on the back of a mower, to help create a better stripe

10. GMP

GMP LawnSite Member

Those are really nice picture's. I have mounted the rubber flap and as soon as I did it started to rain. I will be hopefully mowing tomorrow and I will post some pics if it works.
    How do you go about the rollers?Can you do it yourself or is it a aftermarket Item? Thanks again for the help